Royalty and streaming companies have become an increasingly popular investment for those looking to gain exposure to the mining sector without the risks associated with directly taking a position in mining companies.
On June 29th, we invited two expert investors from different sides of the business; Frank Holmes, the head of U.S. Global Investors and Joe Mazumdar, a precious metals analyst and editor of Exploration Insights. Frank shared why he invests in Gold Royalties rather than other models in the gold sector. Joe pointed out the key things he takes into account when evaluating new gold royalty companies to add to his portfolio. Paddy Nicol, President & CEO of Evrim discussed the merger of Evrim and Renaissance Gold and explained what it means to become an organic royalty generator, as well as the potential upside investors can look out for.
- The drivers for gold demand; Fear drivers vs. Love drivers
- Case study 1 showed the relationship between the current U.S. debt and the Fed’s balance sheet and the comparison to the 2008 Financial Crisis
- Case study 2 tracked the gold price since the current pandemic outbreak
- Case study 3 showed the shrinking supply of gold worldwide and a comparison to Palladium’s skyrocketing price following a supply deficit since 2014
- Frank broke down the royalty model, its attractiveness, a comparison of their performance among gold spot price, NYSE Arca Gold Miner Index and the GDXJ ETF
- How U.S. Global’s GOAUX index uses quantitative analysis to pick stocks
- The effect of millennials using Robinhood for investing during the pandemic
To download the presentation slides please click on View PDF on the top right corner of this page.
Full webinar recording:
00:00:00 - 00:12:40 Gold demand drivers and case studies
00:12:40 - 00:25:34 What makes Gold Royalties such an attractive investment?
00:25:34 - 01:01:00 Panel Discussion and Q&A
To get an invitation to our next webinar, please subscribe to our webinar list: https://www.corumevents.com/